The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is a beginning course for those with no previous wine knowledge. This course is best for consumers or those new to the wine trade. It is designed by WSET to give insight into what wine is, what it taste like and how to match it to food.
This is a classroom only course where students learn the main styles of wine, an introduction to storage & service, how to taste wine, and food & wine pairing basics.
The class consists of two 3-hour sessions and concludes with a short multiple-choice exam of 30 questions. There is no pre-quesite for this course.
- Understand the main types and styles of wine available
- Know how to store wine
- Know how to serve wine to customers
- Understand the basic principles of food and wine matching
- Understand the issues relating to the safe consumption of wine
- Study Kit
- Exam Fee
- Interactive Discussions
- Group Tasting Activities
- Food & Wine Pairing Exercise