March marks Uncorked’s seventh anniversary — reinforcing the feeling that time certainly flies when you’re having fun.
During the past year we’ve explored everything from flying corks to popcorn pairings.
My goal in writing this column is (and always has been) to offer honest recommendations of wines available in Arkansas, and possibly more importantly, to make the subject of wine in general approachable to everyone. Whether you’re just beginning to explore the world of wine or you’re a dedicated oenophile, my hope is this column offers something for everyone interested in wine.
Feedback, questions, ideas and column suggestions are always welcome, so please keep the cards and letters coming.
Below are some of my favorite Values and Splurges from the past year.
For a complete list of wines featured in Uncorked in the past year, e-mail email@example.com or write Uncorked, c/o the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, Ark. 72203. The list is great to have on hand for a quick and easy buying reference.
- 2010 Lindeman’s Bin 77 Semillon-Chardonnay, Australia (about $9 retail)
- 2010 Cupcake Central Coast Merlot, California (about $10 retail)
- 2010 Fontana Candida Frascati, Italy (about $8 retail)
- 2010 Tamas Estates Pinot Grigio, California (about $12 retail)
- 2009 Cline Cellars Sonoma County Syrah, California (about $12 retail)
- 2009 Firesteed Riesling, Oregon (about $19 retail)
- 2009 Presqu’ile Pinot Noir, California (about $48 retail)
- 2010 A to Z Pinot Gris, Oregon (about $17 retail)
- 2009 Bell Wine Cellars Yountville Merlot, California (about $36 retail)
- 2009 Rocca Delle Macie Chianti Classico, Italy (about $28 retail)