I can’t believe this month marks 12 years I have been writing Uncorked. That’s a lot of columns that I hope are always filled with useful information that can help you explore — and drink — many great wines. I absolutely love sharing ideas each week but, more importantly, I enjoy the feedback from you.
Each year as I celebrate this anniversary I reflect on all of the questions and ideas you share because these frequently turn into the topics for Uncorked. Please continue, as your feedback helps me keep this column relevant. As always I want to offer honest recommendations of wines we can find in our market. Above all, I hope this column makes wine, often a pretentious and confusing subject, fun to explore and even more enjoyable to drink.
These are a few of my favorites over the past year. Enjoy!
- 2013 Chateau Bonnet Blanc, France (about $15 retail)
- 2013 Mas des Roches Cotes-du-Rhone Rouge, France (about $15 retail)
- 2015 Bodegas Emilio Moro Resalso, Spain (about $15 retail)
- NV Zonin Prosecco, Italy (about $15 retail)
- 2013 Parallele 45 Cotes du Rhone, France (about $15 retail)
- 2013 Keenan Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, California (about $47 retail)
- 2014 Robert Mondavi Winery Merlot, California (about $26 retail)
- 2015 Marc Bredif Vouvray, France (about $26 retail)
- 2014 Schug Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, California (about $24 retail)
- 2014 Sean Minor Nicole Maria Red Blend, California (about $24 retail)
- 2014 Bell Winery Sauvignon Blanc, California (about $18 retail)
- 2013 Mira Cabernet Sauvignon, California (about $52 retail)