If you know me well, you know I am always one to celebrate — even if I’m a little late sometimes. Uncorked turned 13 last month. For me, each year is a monumental milestone and a reflection on how much I truly enjoy writing this column for my readers. In addition to my love and passion for learning more about wine, it’s your feedback, ideas and your questions that make it the most fulfilling.
In the coming year I invite you to continue to reach out to me with more of your thoughts and questions. These comments and questions often lead to new columns. I hope over the next year we can continue our dialogue to make Uncorked even more relevant to you.
Value wines continue to be the most sought after “what do you recommend” requests I receive.
Here’s a selection from this past year’s columns.
- 2016 Picpoul de Pinet, France (about $12 retail)
- 2015 Bell Red Blend, California (about $16 retail)
- 2016 Bell Lake County Sauvignon Blanc, California (about $17 retail)
- 2015 14 Hands Merlot, California (about $14 retail)
- 2016 Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand (about $14 retail)
- 2016 La Cana Albarino, Spain (about $17 retail)
- 2016 A to Z Pinot Noir, Oregon (about $15 retail)
- 2015 Chateau Bonnet Blanc, France (about $15 retail)
- 2015 Parallele 45 Cotes du Rhone, France (about $15 retail)
- 2015 Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewurztraminer, Washington (about $12 retail)
- 2015 Snoqualmie Naked Riesling, Washington (about $14 retail)
- 2015 Sean Minor Pinot Noir, California (about $14 retail)
- 2016 Montes Cherub Rose, Chile (about $14 retail)
- 2016 Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand (about $13 retail)
- 2015 Cline Cellars Zinfandel, California (about $11 retail)
- 2016 Shannon Ridge Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, California (about $15 retail)
- 2016 Sables d’Azur Cotes De Provence Rose, France (about $12 retail)
- 2014 Louis Jadot Beaujolais Village, France (about $14 retail)