March marked my 11th anniversary writing Uncorked. I absolutely love sharing my thoughts each week, but more importantly I enjoy your feedback. Much of it turns into Uncorked columns.
Each year as I celebrate this anniversary, I am reminded that my aim for this column has always been to offer honest recommendations of great wine finds in our market. But more than the recommendations, I hope this column makes wine, often a pretentious and confusing subject, fun to explore and more enjoyable to drink.
This next year, as we continue our wine journey together, please keep the questions and feedback coming. You’re the reason I write the column and your thoughts, questions and suggestions help me immensely.
These are some of my favorite wines from the past year.
- 2015 A to Z Pinot Gris, Oregon (about $14 retail)
- 2015 Sawbuck Chardonnay, California (about $14 retail)
- 2014 Tercos Torrontes, Argentina (about $12 retail)
- 2014 St. James Winery Cynthiana, Missouri (about $10 retail)
- 2014 Stellar Organics Merlot, South Africa (about $12 retail)
- 2013 Chateau Bonnet Blanc, France (about $15 retail)
- 2012 Mas des Roches Cotes-du-Rhone Rouge, France (about $15 retail)
- 2013 Tooth and Nail “The Stand,” California (about $28 retail)
- 2013 Keenan Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, California (about $47 retail)
- 2013 Schug Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, California (about $24 retail)
- 2013 Decoy by Duckhorn Pinot Noir, California (about $26 retail)
- 2014 Sean Minor Nicole Maria Red Blend, California (about $24 retail)
- 2012 Chateau Mongravey, France (about $50 retail)
- 2014 Bell Winery Sauvignon Blanc, California (about $18 retail)
- 2013 Mira Cabernet Sauvignon, California (about $52 retail)